PnP Configurator license agreement
Please read this entire document before proceeding. This document
constitutes the license for your use of the PnP Configurator program. By
downloading and using the program, you agree to be bound by the terms of
- 1. Usage license
- The PnP Configurator is a shareware program. This means you are granted
the right to run the PnP Configurator and its associated utilities and other
files (henceforth collectively referred to as `the Program') for up to a month,
for the purpose of evaluating it. After this time, you must either register
your copy (which extends the right to use the program until some other term of
this agreement is broken), or you must remove the Program from your system.
Should you choose not to register the program, you may repeat the evaluation
process with new versions as they become available.
- 2. Permitted use and restrictions
- You may install the Program on your system in accordance with the included
instructions. You may operate the Program in accordance with said
instructions. You may NOT reverse-engineer, disassemble, or
attempt to modify the Program except as expressly or implicitly provided in the
- 3. Reistribution
- You may distribute the Program in its unmodified original archive file
only. You may NOT distribute the Program in any other form,
or if you have modified it in any way. You may NOT distribute the Program
for a profit.
- 3a. BBS exemption to redistribution restrictions
- Computer Bulletin Board System (BBS) operators may charge for access
to their systems or file areas, but may not charge specifically for the
- 3b. Shareware distribution company exemption to redistribution restrictions
- Companies who specialize in the distribution of shareware programs on
CD-ROM or other media may redistribute the Program for profit along with
other programs, providing that :
- i. they state plainly on the package or on the medium
(preferably both) that the programs contained are shareware and must be
registered with their authors for continued use, and
- ii. they do not charge unusually high prices for the
redistribution of the Program.
- 3c. Specific exemptions to redistribution restrictions
- Exemptions to certain aspects of the redistribution restrictions may be
negotiated. Please contact Zac Schroff
for more information. or if you wish to negotiate an exemption. Exemptions
are granted only physically and in writing, never electronically or
- 4. Disclaimer of warranty
- The Program is provided as-is and without warranty of any kind.
DocsWare, Zac Schroff, and any licensee or authorized agent of DocsWare
(henceforth referred collectively as the Agent) expressly disclaim any
and all warranties and/or condition, expressed or implied, including, but
not limited to, the implied warranties of fitness or usability for any
purpose, satisfactory quality, continuous error-free or reliable operation,
merchantability for any particular purpose, or that it will meet the
requirements of any particular situation. The Agent makes no warranty for
the readability, accuracy, correctness or reliability of the documentation
which is included with the Program. No oral or written statement, nor
advice given by the Agent shall create a warranty in any way, nor shall it
increase the scope of any warranty. Should the Program prove defective,
you, and not the Agent, assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing,
repair, or correction. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of
implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
The terms of this disclaimer do not alter or prejudice your statutory
rights in acquiring the Program other than in the course of a business,
neither do they exclude or limit any liability for personal injury or death
caused by the Agent's negligence.
- 5. Limitation of liability.
- Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall the Agent be liable
for any special, incidental, consequential, or indirect damages arising
from or relating to this license or the Program. Some jurisdictions do not
allow the limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above
limitation may not apply to you. In no event shall the Agent's liability
exceed the lesser of the cost to you of the Program or the amount of fifty
(50) US dollars. In jurisdictions which do not permit fixed limitations
on damages, the limit of liability is the cost to you of the Program.
- 6. Export law assurances.
- You may not use or export or re-export the Program except as
authorized by United States law and the laws of the
jurisdiction in which the Program was obtained.
Particularly, but without limitation, the Program may not be
used or otherwise exported or re-exported :
- i. to anybody on the United States Treasury Department's
list of Specially Designated Nationals, or
- ii. to anybody on the United States Department of Commerce's
Table of Denial Orders, or
- iii. into or to a resident or national of any United States
- 7. Government end users.
- Government end users are to follow the laws and terms which apply to
everybody else, as they apply to everybody else.
- 8. Controlling law and severability.
- This license shall be governed by the laws of the United States of
America. If for any reason a court in a competent jurisdiction finds any
provision, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, the remainder of this
license shall continue in full force and effect.
- 9. Complete agreement.
- This licenese contitutes the entire and complete agreement between all
parties with respect to the Program and the use of the Program. This
license supercedes any and all prior or contemporaneous understandings or
agreements about such matters. No modification or amendment to the terms
of this license will be binding unless it is in writing, and signed by an
Agent who has been specifically and properly authorized to make such
modifications or amendments.
The PnP Configurator is supported only by DocsWare at this time, even
though there may be several distributers out there. Please do not ask your
distributer for help, as they are not expected to answer questions about the
product (that is part of the standard agreement). Asking distributers for help
just wastes your time and makes them mad at both me and you.
I agree to these
I can not agree to these
You can return to the DocsWare homepage
by clicking here.
Click here for information about the DocsWare
This page maintained by Zac Schroff.
© Copyright 1996-2006 Zac Schroff, all rights reserved.